This listing is for an antique French weighing scale. It came to us with some lights and old wiring attached where someone had re-purposed it as a light fixture. They did not do this piece justice so we have removed them.
Makers mark / hallmarks: none
Sourced: in Normandy, France
Origin: Likely French.
Age: circa 1800/50âs
Size roughly: 38 x 22 inches 95 x 55 cm
Unpacked weight roughly: 6kg
Condition: in antique condition with signs of previous use, dents and dings, still a very strong and functional piece
Discerning features: an absolutely beautiful piece of engineering, the best one of these we have had in store to date
In summary: An antique commercially used weighing scale in beautiful condition.
Find similar items from EVE here: https://www.etsy.com/shop/EnglishShop/search?search_query=scale&order=date_desc&view_type=list&ref=shop_search
Why buy from EVE?
– EVE sends all items fast, tracked and fully insured for breakage and loss. Even ceramics!
– If you buy multiple items you will generally only pay postage on the heaviest item you buy (very large multiple items may incur a small extra charge)
– All items are sent on approval. If things do not fit in as expected or are an unappreciated gift we will issue a full refund (including the initial postage charge!) upon return of the item to us.
– EVE has one of the largest inventories of European sourced vintage and antique goods on the web. With bases in the UK and France and sourcing connections throughout wider Europe we can offer an eclectic and continuously updated inventory.
– We are an established family business of traders of vintage and antique items of many years standing through a number of digital outlets.
– Loyal and repeat customers earn increasing discount rates over time based on purchase history.
Do not hesitate to get in touch with any questions or observations. We speak English, French and German.