Makers mark / hallmarks: S (unable to locate any other marks on these apart from an S)
Sourced: in England
Origin: likely English but unconfirmed
Age: circa 1950’s (estimated, unconfirmed)
Materials: metal (we cannot confirm what these are made of, it is a soft metal as it has suffered some knocks and bruises)
Size roughly: 25 x 12 cm, 10 x 4.5 inches
Condition: in vintage condition with signs of previous use, tarnish and patina, a good polish would shine them up, these really are a mystery and we cannot confirm what they are made of, or when produced. They have suffered many knocks and dings over the years and the metal seems quite soft, they twist on their stands but I suspect they could be tightened up if desired by removing the felt base.
Discerning features: nicely weighted…
In summary: a mysterious pair of candle sticks simply stamped with an S that have suffered a few knocks and dings over the years.
Find similar items from EVE here: https://www.etsy.com/shop/EnglishShop/search?search_query=candle&order=date_desc&view_type=gallery&ref=shop_search
Why buy from EVE?
– EVE sends all items fast, tracked and fully insured for breakage and loss. Even ceramics and glass!
– If you buy multiple items you will generally only pay postage on the heaviest item you buy (very large multiple items may incur a small extra charge)
– All items are sent on approval. If things do not fit in as expected or are an unappreciated gift we will issue a full refund (including the initial postage charge!) upon return of the item to us.
– EVE has one of the largest inventories of European sourced vintage and antique goods on the web. With bases in the UK and France and sourcing connections throughout wider Europe we can offer an eclectic and continuously updated inventory.
– We are an established family business of traders of vintage and antique items of many years standing through a number of digital outlets.
– Loyal and repeat customers earn increasing discount rates over time based on purchase history.
Do not hesitate to get in touch with any questions or observations. We speak English, French and German.